Last updated on September 13th, 2023 at 06:02 pm
For your solar lights for walkway, you may choose 15 watts lights or 25 watts lights. Of course, the brightness may vary from 100 lumens to 2600 lumen. It works well for lights just above the ground (low installation).
However, you will need brighter lights when you install walkway way lights high above the ground. It implies that your lights will have more than 2600 lumen. Of course, the light wattage will be high.
Benefits of Installing Solar Lights
Some of the reasons for installing solar lights include:
- Decorate pathways/aesthetics
- Provide guidance
- Ensure safety and security
- Solar as a power sources save energy cost
- Protects borders of the pathway
- Offer ambient lighting
Types Of Pathway Lights
For your solar lights for walkway, you may consider any of the following:
- Garden lights
- Flush lights
- Bollard lights
- Traditional path light fixture
What People Also Ask About Walkway Solar Lights:
How Bright Are Solar Lights For Pathway?
For walkway decorations, you can choose 5 lumens to 50 lumens. However, for security purposes, 50 lumens to 200 lumens.
Of course, depending on the installation area, you can choose more than 2600 lumen.
The amount of light wattage and lumen will depend on where you intend to install a light for pathway.
Are Solar Lights Best For Walkways?
Pathway solar lights are eco-friendly and cost-effective.
How Do You Choose Lights For Pathway?
It would help if you considered the following:
- Style and design of the walkway light
- Know where you plan to install the walkway light
- Know wattage and lumen of walkway light
- Choose the right bulb – LED is popular for most pathway lighting
- Size of pathway light
- Ease of installation
- Landscaping requirements
- Quality certification – go for IP-rated, UL, CE, and RoHS-certified solar lights for pathways
How To Maintain Solar Walkway Lights
Here are some of the most effective ways of maintaining solar pathway lights:
- Always clean the solar panels of outdoor lights – it will ensure solar panel works effectively thereby charging the battery to the total capacity.
- You should ensure bulbs and other fixtures are clean. By doing so, you will improve the aesthetics and performance of the outdoor light.
- Check and replace damaged bulbs or fixture
- Check the batteries – ensure batteries do not corrode and replace them where necessary
Is there Recommended Battery for Walkway Lights?
There are many rechargeable batteries for solar lights. Some important considerations are:
- Brand or manufacturer – always buy trusted solar battery brands
- Power rating – it is usually voltage and current in (mAh)
- Durability – how many recharge cycles can the battery withstand
- Solar power battery capacity –It should meet your pathway energy requirements. These may include 1,000mAh, 1,100mAh, 1,300mAh, etc.
- Working condition – the ability to withstand high temperature or cold weather conditions
- Recommended applications – these can range from landscape solar lights, garden solar lights, or lawn solar lights.
Note: For solar path lights, always go for rechargeable batteries.
Video by: Tenergy Official
Remember, one of the most significant aspects when evaluating batteries for walkway lights is the chemistry and capacity. Broadly, you can choose between:
- Nickel Cadmium solar battery (NiCd)
- Nickel Metal Hydride battery (NiMH)
Alternatively, depending on what you intend to achieve, you may also consider:
- Lead acid battery
- Lithium-ion battery
- Lithium-ion phosphate battery