Last updated on June 28th, 2023 at 01:41 pm
Adding solar lights for deck to your home will make your home beautiful. Besides, it will upgrade the outdoor space while increasing the value of your home. You will enjoy the outdoor space of your home.
Benefits Of Solar Light For Deck
Some of the benefits of choosing deck solar lights:
- Offer security and safety of home
- Added aesthetics
- They are cost effective
- Guarantee low maintenance
- They are environmentally friendly
Features To Look For In Deck Solar Lights
Whenever you are choosing outdoor deck solar lights, it is critical to consider the following:
- Where you plan to install outdoor solar lights – there are many sections you may install the solar light for deck. For instance, you may choose solar post lights, solar rail lights or solar steps lights.
- Wattage – determine the energy consumption of the solar deck light. Of course, the wattage of these outdoor lights will determine the brightness.
- Switching mechanism – consider the switching mechanism. You can choose either an automatic or manual switch.
- Installation – you should consider the mounting options or ways of attaching deck lights
- Check the type of solar panel and battery – they determine the amount of illumination for your deck lights.
- Quality certification – ensure your solar lights are IP, RoHS, CE, and UL compliant. Choosing waterproof outdoor solar deck light will be a perfect alternative.
- Consider the color temperature of the outdoor lights – it determines the theme of the deck. Usually, we measure color temperature in kelvin. Usually, cooler lights have higher kelvin.
- Size and dimensions – solar lights for decks come in many designs and configurations. So choose one that best fits your needs. For instance, you may choose solar lights for deck post, solar lights for deck stairs or solar lights for deck rails.
- Additional accessories – Best solar lights for deck should have enough accessories for installation and subsequent use. The accessories may include automatic timers, installation mechanism, etc.
Apart from these, you should consider other factors when buying deck lights such as:
- Material type
- Illumination area
- Light design
- Fast charging feature where possible
- Lighting angle
- Manufacturer or brand
People Also Ask:
1. Are Solar Deck Light Durable?
Solar light for the deck are durable. Most lights available in the market can last between 1 and 2 years.
2. What Is the Recommended Brightness for Deck Solar Light?
It will depend on where you want to install the deck solar lights. You can consider 12 lumens to 1,300 lumens.
3. How Do Deck Solar Light Work?
Your solar lights come equipped with photovoltaic cells and a battery. The photovoltaic cells will absorb energy from the sun.
They convert the energy into a valuable form for charging the battery. The battery will then power the bulb.
Of course, most of these outdoor solar lights have a charge controller. Today’s solar lights are mainly LED.